To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may have also provided me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you have contacted me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of bases to collect, use, and share your information including:
• As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
• When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list
• If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
• As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate use, if that legitimate use is not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Some information about my customers is important to my business. I will only share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions (such as a mailing list on Google Cloud). As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer (for example, Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified).
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object: In some cases you may wish to object to my use of your information even after you have given your permission to use it (such as when you receive a marketing email). In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information, you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
As the owner of Down to the Wire Designs, I am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.